The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Billing Supervisor at our Sewickley campus location. This position will work 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Billing Supervisor works with multiple departments at Watson, supervising billing and support staff, and performing billing functions.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Billing Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
Billing & Collections Department:
- Supervise the Outpatient Billing Clerk and IBHS/Camp Billing Clerk
- Monitor bill aging for all programs
- Identify bad debt and send to collections or write off as needed
- Provide monthly reports to Controller and CFO
- Act as the database administrator for Psychological Services Raintree Program
- Act as a member of the Corporate Compliance Committee
- Supervise the Billing Clerk at Friendship Academy
- Identify write offs and write off as necessary for each school year
- Provide monthly reports to Controller
- Act as a member of the Credible start up team and participate in Credible database issues, changes, upgrades
Education Center at Watson
- Perform billing functions for contracted Education Center students
- Create and mail quarterly invoices
Psychological Services Department
- Supervise Outpatient Support Staff
- Monitor and assist with providers credentialing with insurances
- Create plan-of-care packets and submit IBHS packets for authorization to insurance
- Provide guidance and training to staff as needed
- Keep up to date with relevant federal and state regulations for the Department
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Organized and detail oriented for fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of insurance benefits, insurance billing and financial software such as Navinet, Great Plains, and a medical/mental health billing system
- High School Diploma required – Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Minimum five years management / supervisory experience in mental health or medical office
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances