Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled. Check out our Careers page for current openings!
The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time, Master’s Level Behavior Specialist at the Education Center Sewickley, a special education school for children ages 3 to 21.
- Complete observations on students
- Consult with classroom team
- Complete functional behavioral assessments on students
- Complete stimulus preference assessments on students
- Support classroom teaching teams in the design and implementation of positive behavior support programs for students
- Develop data collection protocol
- Trend and analyze data
- Train staff in behavior management procedures
- Contribute to RRs/IEPs and progress reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in psychology or education required
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavioral principles, evidenced by experience and education
- Experience working with children with autism and behavior problems, at least three years’ experience preferred
- Experience writing, implementing and evaluating positive behavior support plans
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Experience collaborating with teams
- Supervise students during emergency drills, play periods and community-based instruction; the ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift, position or assist with lifting students is essential to perform this task
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current PA clearances: Acts 34, 114 and 151
Employment Type: Full-time