The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time behavior assistant at the Education Center Sewickley, a special education school for children ages 3-21 with special needs.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, and additional voluntary benefits
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
- Implement and help classroom staff implement Positive Behavior Support Plans (PBSPs)
- Collect data on PBSPs
- Graph data using Excel or other software programs
- Supervise students during emergency drills, play periods, and community based instruction
- Become trained in Comprehensive Crisis Management
- Become a member of the crisis team
- Other duties as assigned
Behavior Assistant Job Requirements:
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Experience working with children with Autism and behavior challenges preferred
- Excellent communication skills, ability to actively listen to others, and ability to share directions
- Evidence of good collaboration skills
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, keeping up with running children, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current PA clearances: Acts 34, 114 and 151 required