The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Admissions Coordinator in the Outpatient Psychological Services department at our location in Sewickley, PA, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
- Process patient referrals, schedule appointments, verify insurance and obtain authorizations and pre-authorizations from insurance companies.
- Track information and maintain data in multiple programs.
- Field high volume of calls from families and agencies daily, respond within 24 hours
- Provide families with information needed to get services for their child
- Maintain communications with families waiting for services regarding status
- Act as a referral source for schools, agencies and other professionals.
- Evaluate referrals, determine appropriate type of appointment, assign to staff person, schedule appointments accordingly, and forward paperwork to front desk for set up.
- Notify prescriber of outside inter-team planning (ITP) meetings when one occurs
- Verify ACT 62 coverage for Intensive Behavioral Health Services (IBHS) clients and notify staff of changes.
- Schedule various types of appointments for Outpatient Services and IBHS services.
- Send for outpatient and IBHS authorizations as needed
- Track IBHS written orders and packets
- Create IBHS packets and send to Insurance in the correct timeframe
- Track protocol from families and agencies for future testing appointments.
- Keep current with government and insurance company regulations and changes.
- Act as a liaison with insurance companies and government agencies.
- Assist in covering front desk when Receptionist is unavailable which can include evening hours.
- Other duties as assigned including miscellaneous office duties.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Knowledge of Insurance Benefits preferred
- Minimum two years experience in Mental Health office preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Organized and detail oriented for fast past work environment
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 Clearances required