The Watson Institute is hiring an Accounting Intern to assist staff during the budget process and year-end closing. The intern will interact on a daily basis with the Finance staff. This position will work in the Watson Institute’s administrative offices at our Sewickley, PA location, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA. This position will work 25-30 hours per week during standard business hours, Monday through Friday. Flexible start and end date – early May start and mid-August end date.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Accounting Intern Job Responsibilities:
- Post daily cash receipts into accounting system
- Assist accounting manager with journal entries and account analysis
- Data entry used to track monthly expenses
- Assist in creating financial reports for expense analysis
- Scanning documents into paperless Accounts Payable system
- Other duties as assigned
- Sophomore or Junior accounting major
- Must be motivated, organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competence in Microsoft Office Products especially Excel and Adobe
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Current Acts 34, 114, and 151 clearances required