The Watson Institute is hiring a Support Therapist for the Extended School Year (ESY) Summer Program at Friendship Academy.
Schedule: Mandatory training on June 25 and June 26 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Program runs from June 27, 2016 to July 26, 2016, Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
All days of the program are mandatory.
Location: Friendship, PA
Support Therapist Job Requirements:
The Support Therapist is responsible for overall maintenance of a safe, comfortable, and nurturing school environment during the ESY Summer Program.
- Support the classroom therapists in the safe management of the classroom environment
- Maintain emotional control in the face of stressful situations and requests help when needed
- Offers assistance and support to co-workers
- Contribute to building a team environment and cohesiveness
- Display flexibility and adapts to changes in the work environment
- Make appropriate decisions in a timely fashion
The Support Therapist manages the following areas:
- Admission and dismissal from school, including early morning scanning of students for contraband (weapons, cigarettes, matches, lighters, gang related materials, etc.). At dismissal this includes the safe escort and active supervision of students.
- Gives feedback to the students on areas on strength and needed improvement.
- De-escalation of potential crisis situations and maintains the time out area in a safe manner and follows time out procedures
- As assigned, provides coverage at the front desk crisis phone
- Relieves the classroom therapist when necessary, substitutes as assigned and provides coverage to the Sanctuary Room
- Proactively performs observations of students’ behavior in the hallways and classrooms
- Attends and contributes to treatment team, red flag, and debriefing meetings and other student related meetings as requested
- Within the partial program completes at least two milieu individual therapy notes per day
- Supports and contributes to the school wide behavioral support plan and other behavioral data reports including Watson Financial, Behavioral Reports, restraint forms and AWOL reports
- Responsible for reviewing email on a daily basis with specific emphasis on the Enhanced Observation list.
- As assigned responsible for training staff in Comprehensive Crisis Management
- Performs other duties pertinent to the job as directed by the Program Supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Child Development, Criminology, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology or a closely related field is required
- Related work experience in field is preferred
- Certification in Comprehensive Crisis Management
- Current Acts 34, 114, and 151 clearances required