The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Secondary Science Teacher at Friendship Academy, located 4 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness and Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and additional voluntary benefits.
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Friendship, PA
Science Teacher Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate mastery of content area, including relevant national, state and Friendship Academy standards in the discipline.
- Provide instructional leadership related to content area to other staff
- Work collaboratively with special education teachers to implement IEP
- Demonstrate planning and preparation strategies and skills
- Implement strategies for motivating and managing students (i.e. Student Behavior Management System)
- Demonstrate a range of instructional approaches and alternative methods of assessment appropriate for the strengths and needs of diverse learners, including direct instruction, inquiry-based learning and hands-on experiential activities
- Monitor and evaluate student progress
- Provide academic feedback to students along with regular progress reports
- Demonstrate communication and interpersonal skills appropriate for working in a multifaceted program
- Updated curriculum documents, based on an established curriculum cycle
- Complete paperwork as required by the program
- Conduct Project Based Assessment and Credit Recovery Courses
- Other duties as assigned
Teacher Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Related work experience in field required
- Current Pennsylvania teaching certification as a Secondary Science Teacher required
- Current Pennsylvania teaching certification in special education preferred
- The essential functions of the job described require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances