The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Psychiatric Outpatient Clinician at our Watson Institute Friendship Academy special education school.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Psychiatric Outpatient Clinician Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct patient and family assessments and collaborate with attending psychiatrist to determine diagnosis and appropriate treatment plan
- Provide direct treatment to patients and families utilizing evidence-based treatments (cognitive behavioral treatment, family systems dialectical therapy, and psychoeducational therapeutic interventions)
- Conduct individual, group and family therapy with assigned patients
- Evaluate patient and family data, select appropriate intervention methods and implement treatment programs in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team based on an understanding of psychiatric symptomatology and family systems principles
- Function as a liaison with community agencies and organizations to facilitate continuity of patient and family care
- Collaborate with family and staff involved in patient’s care to maintain open communication and positive working relationships
- Participate in ongoing training and supervision
- Maintain accurate and complete case records in a timely manner
- Meet productivity requirements as set by the Director
Psychiatric Outpatient Clinician Job Requirements:
- Masters Degree in the Mental Health field required
- Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred
- Significant clinical experience in a psychiatric setting, working with children and families diagnosed with a variety of psychiatric disorders as well as the provision of family, group and individual therapy
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and written and oral communication skills