The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time mental health therapist for the WISCA program at the Bridgeville/South Fayette location. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Bridgeville, PA
Mental Health Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Provide student-centered, individual and group psychotherapy to a population with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Provide social skills group therapeutic services focusing on self-regulation, creative problem solving, perspective taking, pragmatic language skills, and relationship development to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Assist children in developing social skills and facilitate development of peer interactions using autism-specific therapeutic techniques such as Social Stories and Comic Strip Conversations
- Maintain therapeutic records and data necessary to monitor progress
- Collaborate with other involved professionals and agencies in order to provide unified services and continuity of care to the child and family
- Participate in team meetings
- Write IEP Goals and maintain progress monitoring
- Assist in preparing progress reports
- Assist with crisis management within the school program
- Other duties as assigned
Mental Health Therapist Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in psychology or closely related field required
- License preferred (LSW, LCSW, or LPC)
- Knowledge of and experience with a range of autism intervention techniques
- Current Act 34, 114 and 151 clearances required
- Available to work as a member of a transdisciplinary team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills