The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time school custodian to work as part of the maintenance department. We are hiring an afternoon shift custodian to work 1:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Education Center Sewickley.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
- On-the-job training in machinery and equipment used by the facilities management team.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
School Custodian Job Responsibilities:
- General cleaning, mopping and vacuuming of classrooms, bathrooms or any other assigned areas of the facility
- Stripping and waxing of floors
- Outside maintenance and lawn care
- Snow removal when needed
- Minor electrical repairs
- Minor mechanical repairs
- All other tasks necessary to maintain a clean and safe environment
- Other duties as assigned
Custodian Job Requirements:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to follow directions well and work independently
- At least one year janitorial/lawn care experienced preferred
- Some electrical and mechanical knowledge
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances