The Watson Institute is hiring substitute instructional aides at our Education Center programs in Sewickley and Bridgeville, as well as for our WISCA program in Bridgeville, Sewickley, and Sharpsburg. The pay rate for substitute aides is $14.50 per hour or $95 per day.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA - Bridgeville, PA - Sharpsburg, PA
Instructional Aide Job Responsibilities:
- Instructional Planning – review activities; organize materials
- Instructional Management – instruction is delivered online, manage activities, implement review procedures, implement monitoring procedures of the online instruction
- Organizational Skills – relate to students, use effective interpersonal skills, participate effectively as a transdisciplinary team member; document activities, contribute to the smooth operation of the program, adhere to safety and health procedures
- Skill Development – participate actively in the supervisory process; engage in skill development activities
Teacher’s Aide Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelors of science/arts degree preferred
- Skilled in the use of gathering knowledge online
- Three years’ experience working with children with disabilities
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Supervise students during emergency drills, play periods and community-based instruction; the ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift, position or assist with lifting students is essential to perform this task
- The essential functions of the job described require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current PA clearances: Acts 34, 114 and 151