The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Education Consultant for our Training and Consultation Services program. This position will work Monday through Friday out in the field. There is part-time flexibility.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Consultant Job Description:
- Develop training and consultation action plans for clients (clients are typically school districts)
- Conduct observations and provide direct consultation to teachers in special education classrooms
- Work independently out in the field; schedule training and consultation times
- Present workshops, seminars to groups of all sizes, as requested by the client
- Support district staff during IEP development; may attend meetings as requested by the client
- Develop informative professional reports based on observations as feedback to the client’s team
- Ability to work diligently and independently
- Master’s degree in special education or related field required; certification or license in field required
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact positively with all people
- Four to six (4-6) years experience in teaching preferred
- Three to four (3-4) years experience using best practice strategies in a classroom environment preferred
- Maintain knowledge of current IDEA regulations
- Knowledge and experience with children with autism and behavior challenges
- Experience in inclusive environments preferred
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of recommended practices in regular and special education
- Ability to prepare and present presentations organized and rich in content presentations and workshops
- Current PA clearances (Act 34, 114, and 151)