The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Education Administrative Assistant at Friendship Academy, located 4 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA. This position will work Monday through Friday and follow the Administrative School Calendar.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Friendship, PA
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee/Manage PowerSchool (Student Information System), creating schedules, data reporting, creating forms, withdrawals, updating system users and coordinates with other parties assisting in PowerSchool
- Maintain updating demographics in IEPWriter
- Process mandatory PIMS reports to Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE)
- Place daily calls for attendance to parents/guardians and document contact
- Manage COMPLY for professional development
- Manage e2campus (Omnilert) for parent/school district alerts
- Demonstrate knowledge or special education rules and regulations related to documentation and reporting
- Maintain Reevaluations (RR) and Individualized Education Plans (IEP) meeting schedule
- Schedule meetings, prepare and send accompanying correspondence to parents and districts in a timely manner
- Prepare and send all educational correspondence and mailings (e.g. IEP Invitations, Interim Reports, Attendance Letters, Report Cards, IEP Progress Reports, monthly menus and additional mailings as directed)
- Maintain Educational Mailing Lists (district liaisons, transportation and parents)
- Assist Educational Liaison, Teacher’s Coach, School Psychologist, and Teachers with various clerical duties
- Prepare required documentation for annual PDE License and Annual PDE End of Year Enrollment Report
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Operate the switchboard as backup
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required, Associate’s Degree in Business or a related field preferred
- Two years of related administrative, office and/or secretarial work experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of basic office procedures and operation of common office equipment required
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail in handling multiple tasks
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Current Acts 34, 114 and 151 clearances required