The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Community Based Instructional Aide for the WISCA special education program in Bridgeville, PA, located 14 miles south of Pittsburgh, PA.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, and additional voluntary benefits
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Bridgeville, PA
Instructional Aide Job Responsibilities:
- Provide support and instruction to students in vocational and community settings.
- Work directly with students both within the campus program/building as well as directly supporting students in community-based experiences outside of the campus. These may include local businesses, community outings, volunteer organizations, and adult facility/transition placements for graduating students.
- Prepare and review CBI/CBVE activities weekly with Supervisor, and organize materials at vocational partnership sites, adult training facilities, and/or community settings.
- Maintain accurate and prompt data collection, participate effectively as a prepared team member, and contribute to the smooth operation of the Community Based Instruction Program.
- Participate actively in the supervisory process and engage in skill development activities
- Adhere to safety and health procedures, Department of Labor Guidelines, CBVE guidelines, IEP requirements, and individual agency regulations.
- Interact professionally with the individuals at the schools, the vocational partnership sites and adult training facilities.
- Travel daily to various sites and drive students in a van to and from various sites
- Other duties as assigned
CBI Instructional Aide Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years’ experience working with adolescents with special needs working on functional life and vocational skills either in a classroom and/or a work-related setting
- The essential functions of this position require the ability to exert moderate phyiscal effort, including bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, brisk walking, and the ability to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 40 pounds
- Valid PA Driver’s License and the ability to drive students in a van
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 Clearances