The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Bachelor’s Level Behavior Technician at LEAP Preschool in Sharpsburg, PA. LEAP Preschool is an inclusive preschool program for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their neurotypical peers. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, and additional voluntary benefits
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sharpsburg, PA
Behavior Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, participate effectively as a classroom team member and support the implementation of students’ IEPs
- Along with team members, implement positive behavior support programs for students in LEAP classrooms
- Collect data as outlined in students’ PBSPs and IEPs or as directed by the teacher/Program Coordinator
- Trend and analyze data to use with the team in making decisions on students’ programs based on the PBSPs and IEPs
- Understand and utilize the model of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Collaborate with team on behavior management procedures
- Maintain certification in Comprehensive Crisis Management and Ukeru
- Work to maintain professional competence and skills via training, continuing education, in-services, and supervision
- Assist in maintaining safe organization of the classroom environment and adhere to all policies and procedures
- Support communication skills, social skills, self-help skills, and play skills through ABA principles
- Demonstrate organizational skills, relate to students, use effective interpersonal skills, document activities, contribute to the smooth operation of LEAP Preschool, adhere to safety and health procedures
- Participate actively in the supervisory process, engage in skill development activities
- Perform other duties as directed by the Program Coordinator
Behavior Tech Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, education, or a closely related field required
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavioral principles, evidence by experience and education
- Preferred experience working in Early Childhood / Preschool
- Successfully completed or will complete the 40-hour Certification Program for a Behavior Technician within one month of starting position/beginning employment
- Experience working with children with complex needs, at least three years’ experience preferred
- Experience implementing positive behavior support plans is preferred
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Experience collaborating with teams
- Supervise students during emergency drills, play periods and community-based instruction; the ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift, position, or assist with lifting students is essential to perform this task
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current Acts 34, 114, and 151 clearances required