The Watson Institute is looking for an organized and driven Accounts Payable Specialist to join the finance team. This full-time position will work in the Watson Institute administrative offices at our Sewickley, PA location, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
AP Specialist Job Description:
- Verifies coding, approvals, and processes accounts payable invoices in Great Plains software for payment on a bi-weekly basis
- Prepares year-end Form 1099 tax reports
- Maintains accounts payable module in Great Plains software
- Prepares daily cash receipts for deposit into bank
- Analyzes general ledger accounts relating to accounts payable
- Assists with budgeting process by developing schedule, distributing departmental budget worksheets and summarizing budget data
- Assists with financial and PDE audits
- Assists Accounting Manager and CFO with special financial analyses and projects
- Troubleshoot issues with PaperSave software
- Maintains vendor contract file
- Other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma required; Associate’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Two or more years accounts payable experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of Great Plains/PaperSave
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances required