Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled. Check out our Careers page for current openings!
Teacher’s Coach Job – Friendship Academy
The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Teacher’s Coach at Friendship Academy, a special education school for children ages 5 to 21 located 4 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA. This position works Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Teacher’s Coach Job Responsibilities:
- Provide direction to teachers with resources, materials, tools, information, etc. to support instruction and planning, including new resources
- Support teachers with implementation of research-based instructional strategies that engage all students
- Support teachers with implementation of knowledge using a variety of assessment tools
- Distribute curriculum materials to teachers at the beginning of school year and throughout the school year
- Manage RISC Reports for Friendship Academy and School Districts
- Provide support in analyzing student assessment data
- Provide support to teachers with designing instruction based on assessment data
- Provide support to teachers in determining instructional levels and establishing instructional groups
- Provide ongoing training to teachers on IEP compliance/data collection
- Attend IEP meetings when appropriate or requested by supervisors
- In conjunction with Administrative Assistant, schedule restraint IEP meetings
- Manage COS Reports with changes in IEP Writer
- Develop and present professional development trainings
- Provide guidance to teachers with specific classroom activities when requested
- Provide support for classroom motivation and management strategies
- Offer support to teachers with creating materials that are in alignment with curriculum
- Aid in researching instructional and/or curriculum issues
- Model lessons when appropriate
- Work positively toward meeting identified building improvement goals
- Build strong relationships with teachers and administrators
- Serve on school professional committees
- Review and evaluate IEPs/RRs prior to scheduled meetings
- Maintain professional competence through professional development
- Provide guidance in developing IEP goals and trainings in EasyCBM
- Substitute in classrooms K-12th grade when needed and substitute as Education Liaison when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Teacher’s Coach Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Special Education required
- Pennsylvania teaching certification in special education required
- Dual teaching certification preferred
- At least three years of teaching experience in a special education classroom
- Specialized knowledge of Pennsylvania Chapter 14 Special Education Regulations
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching and brisk walking, which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances required