The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Staff Accountant at our Watson Institute Education Center Sewickley special education school. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Staff Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities including journal entries, reconciliations of bank accounts, coordination and completion of annual audits, and reviewing financial reports/support as necessary
- Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to management, budget preparation and analysis
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information and monthly reconciling
- Maintain accounting controls by following the recommended policies and procedures
- Coordinate team activities and answer questions from accounting clerical staff
- Monthly variance reporting
- Review bi-weekly A/P documentation
- Maintain BNA fixed asset system
- Participate in the budget process and assist in preparing narrative. Enter budget into GP and monitor variance.
- Annually assist in reviewing audits
- Prepare financial portion of PDE licenses and budget and final reports for IDEA-B and lunch programs
- Prepare quarterly federal census and annual census reports
- Prepare yearly program reports (i.e. ESY, TEACCH, Pro Am taxes)
Staff Accountant Job Requirements:
- 1+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills