The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Special Education Teacher for the WISCA Program at our Sewickley location, located 17 miles northwest of Pittsburgh, PA.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness and Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Ongoing professional development through continued education opportunities, training, and direct staff support.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and additional voluntary benefits.
- 403b retirement plan with employer contributions and match after 1 year of employment.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Teacher Job Responsibilities:
- Plan and conduct assessments; record and interpret assessment data
- Develop, maintain and monitor present education levels, goals objectives, success criteria and specially designed instructions for Individualized Education Programs (IEP)
- Plan, implement and adapt instructional activities from online curriculum
- Support students of all ages and abilities with the online curriculum
- Organize and maintain a safe and effective learning environment
- Utilize appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques
- Communicate routinely with parents and appropriate school district personnel
- Work effectively with the instructional team
- Supervise the activities of the classroom aide(s)
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and present written and verbal information about students
- Ability to organize the learning environment of the students
- Ability to work as a transdisciplinary team member
- Ability to manage students’ behavior
- Ability to plan and implement student instruction
- Ability to supervise paraprofessional staff
- Bachelor degree, advanced degree preferred
- PA Special Education Teaching Certification (K-8th)
- Highly qualified in a secondary content area (i.e. Math, English, Science) is preferred
- Excellent skills in the use of the internet, Microsoft products and Apple products
- Two years teaching experience in special education/children with autism preferred
- Willing to be trained in working with an online curriculum
- Willing to be trained in Comprehensive Crisis Management and ability to use the physical management strategies taught
- The essential functions of the job described require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 Clearances required