The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time school nurse at the Education Center Sewickley, a special education school for children ages 3 to 21. This position works Monday through Friday and follows the school calendar and summer school program.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
School Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Complete nursing assessments; diagnose problems and provide appropriate care
- Administer medications to students according to written orders from family physicians and nursing procedures
- Coordinate school health program
- Develop and maintain student health records
- Assess and record staff work-related injuries and maintain employee health files
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to relate to students in tolerant, positive, encouraging and respectful manner
- Ability to routinely communicate with parents
- Ability to answer questions honestly, realistically and with sensitivity
- Ability to document detailed nursing notes daily
- Ability to work cooperatively with others as a team member
- Ability to continuously make improvements of professional skills and knowledge
Nursing Job Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred
- Current PA registered nurse license required
- Experience working with children with special needs preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift and position students weighing up to 40 pounds
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 clearances required