The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time Mental Health Therapist for the WISCA special education school program in Bridgeville, PA. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Bridgeville, PA
Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Provide student-centered, individual and group psychotherapy to a population with autism spectrum disorder
- Provide social skills group therapeutic services focusing on self-regulation, creative problem solving, perspective taking, pragmatic language skills and relationship development to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Assist children in developing social skills and facilitate development of peer interactions using autism-specific therapeutic techniques such as Social Stories and Comic Strip Conversations
- Maintain therapeutic records and data necessary to monitor progress
- Collaborate with other involved professionals and agencies in order to provide unified services and continuity of care to the child and family
- Participate in team meetings
- Write IEP goals and maintain progress monitoring
- Assist in preparing progress reports
- Assist with crisis management within the school program
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Psychology or closely related field required
- License preferred (LSW, LCSW, or LPC)
- Knowledge of and experience with a range of autism intervention techniques
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances required
- Available to work as a member of a transdisciplinary team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills