Watson Institute is hiring a full-time front office clerk in our Behavioral Health department at our Sewickley location. This position is responsible for patient sign in, all required receptionist duties listed in the job description, along with scheduling and set up of appointments, verifying insurance, answering phones, liaison between doctor and clients, and medical records. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Provide office phone coverage; direct all calls to appropriate personnel, schedule or change appointments, refer calls to resolve as needed.
- Verify all insurances for each patient and set up required paperwork per appointment type. Ensure custody paperwork and consents are in order for each appointment.
- Greet clients upon arrival at door, conduct COVID-19 protocols/screening and temperature check.
- Help the families complete the required paperwork for their appointment, copy insurance cards and take photo of client for file. Scan all into electronic file.
- Scan all paperwork brought in by families from other sources and request records from client’s school or other facilities for clinician to complete assessment.
- Get releases on DocuSign from the original DI appointment for records for clinicians from places that client never mentioned prior.
- Responsible for medication management intake appointments, sending out packets, and requesting records. Scheduling initial appointments and making all follow up appointments, checking insurance, and updating all information.
- Reconciling medication management appointment charges for time, date, location, and content accuracy. After all is complete, notify billing on completion.
- Liaison for Psychiatry and Education Center South and Sewickley for monthly meeting; provide current client list for the treatment team meetings and inviting them.
- Collect all copays from all appointments, process credit cards for payments on accounts and balance daily logs; send reports to finance department and copy to billing.
- Run monthly reports on medical assistance and private insurance for all individual therapy, group therapy, and IBHS clients.
- Reminder calls and COVID screening for patients.
- Cleaning and disinfecting before each patient in common areas and doctor exam rooms.
- Clear faxes for clinicians from program daily, distribute, and fix issues ASAP.
- Fax, file, and follow med lab requests, pre-authorization, and med refills from pharmacies.
- When Psychiatry patient is discharged, file electronically and destroy chart.
- Schedule ITM’s with psychologist for other agency IBHS clients.
- Perform other miscellaneous office duties when deemed appropriate
- High school diploma required
- Two years of related experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills preferred
- The essential functions of this position require the ability to exert moderate physical effort, including bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, brisk walking, and the ability to push, pull, lift, and carry 40 pounds.
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances