The Watson Institute is hiring a special education teacher for the extended school year (ESY) summer program at our WISCA program at our Sharpsburg location, located 6 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, PA. All training and program dates are mandatory.
ESY Staff Training Dates: Tuesday, July 5, 2022 and Wednesday, July 6, 2022 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
ESY Program Dates: July 7 & 8 (Thursday & Friday); July 11 – 14 (Monday – Thursday); July 19 – 22 (Tuesday – Friday); July 25 – 28 (Monday – Thursday); staff hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sharpsburg, PA
- Plan and conduct assessments – record and interpret assessment data
- Develop, maintain and monitor present education levels, goals, objectives, success criteria and specially designed instructions for Individualized Education Plans (IEP)
- Plan, implement and adapt instructional activities
- Organize and maintain a safe and effective learning environment
- Utilize appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques
- Communicate routinely with parents and appropriate school district personnel
- Work effectively within a transdisciplinary educational team
- Participate in Education Center activities
- Supervise activities of classroom aide(s)
- Must be available for all dates in the program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- PA Special Education Teaching Certification in mentally and physically handicapped or specific exceptionality/area preferred
- Two years’ teaching experience in special education preferred
- Current PA clearances – Acts 34, 114 and 151
- Ability to lift and position students weighing up to 40 pounds