The Watson Institute is hiring Special Education Teachers for the ESY (Extended School Year) Program at the Education Center South. All training and program dates are mandatory.
ESY Staff Training Dates: Tuesday, July 5, 2022 and Wednesday, July 6, 2022 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
ESY Program Dates: July 7 & 8 (Thursday & Friday); July 11 – 14 (Monday – Thursday); July 19 – 22 (Tuesday – Friday); July 25 – 28 (Monday – Thursday); staff hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Bridgeville, PA
- Plan and conduct assessments – record and interpret assessment data
- Develop, maintain and monitor present education levels, goals, objectives, success criteria and specially designed instructions for Individualized Education Plans (IEP)
- Plan, implement and adapt instructional activities
- Organize and maintain a safe and effective learning environment
- Utilize appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques
- Communicate routinely with parents and appropriate school district personnel
- Work effectively within a transdisciplinary educational team
- Participate in Education Center activities
- Supervise activities of classroom aide(s)
- Must be available for all dates in the program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree – advanced degree preferred
- PA special education teacher certification in mentally and physically handicapped or specific exceptionality/area preferred
- Two years’ teaching experience in special education preferred
- Current PA clearances – Acts 34, 114 and 151
- Ability to lift and position students weighing up to 40 pounds