Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled. Check out our Careers page for current openings!
The Watson Institute is hiring a contracted Occupational Therapist at the Education Centers in Bridgeville and Sewickley.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Employment Type: Contract
Location: Sewickley, PA - Bridgeville, PA
Occupational Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Plan/conduct assessments of students; interpret data; develop IEPs; plan and adapt treatment
- Establish rules of conduct; motivate students; manage treatment
- Establish purpose; present information; monitor and adjust treatment as needed; maintain appropriate pace
- Ability to relate to students and parents; use effective interpersonal skills; participate effectively as a transdisciplinary team member; document activities
- Engage in professional development activities
- Strong focus on adaptations, scaffolding and providing facilitation to enhance learning of oral motor and fine motor skills, visual perceptual, activities of daily living skills, assistive technology and motor planning skills
- Knowledge of Handwriting Without Tears Curriculum, evaluation and assessment and interventions of Sensory Processing skills, as well as movement and handling techniques
- Documentation skills for IEPs, RRs, Letters of Medical Necessity, as well as treatment session and communication with parents and outside agencies
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current PA Occupational Therapist License
- Experience in a school setting preferred
- Supervise students during emergency drills, classroom activities; the ability to keep up with running children and/or to lift, position or assist with lifting students is essential to perform this task
- The essential functions of the job described herein require the ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and brisk walking; and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and material of moderate weight (40 pounds)
- Ability to physically restrain students for their safety and the safety of others
- Current PA Acts 34, 114 and 151 clearances required