The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time accountant. This position will work in the Watson Institute administrative offices at our Sewickley, PA location, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program access for employees who meet the forgiveness program requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sewickley, PA
Accountant Job Description:
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities including journal entries, reconciliations of accounts, coordination and completion of annual audits, and reviewing financial reports/supports as necessary.
- Assist in payroll process, prepare payroll journal entries and reconciliations
- Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to management, budget preparation
- Post cash receipts, generate weekly update of open receivables, and bank reconciliations
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information and monthly reconciling
- Maintain accounting controls by following recommended policies and procedures
- Review bi-weekly A/P documentation
- Participate in the budget process and assists in preparing narrative, and monitors variances
- Annually assists in reviewing audits
- Cross-train jobs to have a working knowledge of all aspects of the finance department
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Three or more years of accounting experience
- Expertise with Great Plains accounting software preferred
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software, and databases
- ADP payroll experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management, and communication skills
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances required