The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time accountant. This position will work in the Watson Institute administrative offices at our Sewickley, PA location, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA. This position will work Monday through Friday.
At the Watson Institute, we invest in our employees personally and professionally. Check out a few of the employee benefits you’ll receive as a Watson employee:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurances as well as life and long-term disability and access to voluntary benefits.
- 403b Retirement Plan with Watson matching employee contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Access to Tuition Reimbursement to pursue further education and advanced degrees.
- Qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and flexible spending accounts.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Accountant Job Description:
- Perform daily, monthly, and annual accounting activities including cash transaction postings, journal entries, reconciliation of accounts, assistance with completion of annual audits, and supporting activities as necessary
- Assist with analysis and reporting on financial status including variance research, communicating financial results to management, budget preparation
- Post cash receipts, generate weekly update of open receivables, and bank reconciliations
- Maintain fixed asset records, prepare monthly depreciation expense, and capital account schedules
- Prepare journal entries and reports for monthly financial closing process
- Maintain accounting controls by following recommended policies and procedures
- Review bi-weekly accounts payable invoices and documentation
- Annually assists in reviewing audits
- Cross-train jobs to have a working knowledge of all aspects of the finance department
- Special projects/duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- One or more years of accounting experience
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software preferred
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software, and databases
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management, and communication skills
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances required