The Watson Institute is hiring a full-time accountant. This position will work in the Watson Institute administrative offices at our Sewickley, PA location, located less than 17 miles north of Pittsburgh, PA. This position will work Monday through Friday.
Learn more about what it’s like to work at the Watson Institute!
Location: Sewickley, PA
Accountant Job Description:
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities including journal entries, reconciliations of accounts, coordination and completion of annual audits, and reviewing financial reports/supports as necessary.
- Responsible to assist in payroll process, prepare payroll journal entries and reconciliations
- Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to management, budget preparations and analysis
- Prepares asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information and monthly reconciling
- Maintains accounting controls by following recommended policies and procudures
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
- Monthly variance reporting
- Review bi-weekly A/P documentation
- Participates in the budget process and assists in preparing narrative, enters budget in Great Plains and monitors variances
- Annually assists in reviewing audits
- Prepares financial portion of PDE lincenses, budget, and final reports for IDEA-B and lunch programs
- Prepares quarterly federal census and annual census reports
- Cross train jobs to have a working knowledge of all aspects of the finance department
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Three or more years of accounting experience
- Expertise with Great Plains accounting software
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- ADP payroll experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
- Current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances required