What are Child Behavioral Health Services?
Child mental and behavioral health can be defined as the complete well-being and optimal development of a child in the emotional, behavioral, social, and cognitive demains. (Barwick & Urajnik, 2013).
Child mental and behavioral health services target the emotional and behavioral wellbeing of children to thrive and live to their fullest potential in all aspects of their lives.
What child behaviors may be a concern?
Wondering if your child could benefit from mental or behavior health services? You may want to consider it if your child exhibits any of these behaviors:
- Difficulty dealing with and regulating emotions
- Difficulty socializing with peers
- Speech delays or no speech
- Obsessive interest, or excessive worries and fears
- Difficulty sitting still or sustaining attention
- Excessive irritability or sad mood
Have any of these behaviors does not mean your child has a behavioral health diagnosis, only that you may want to consider child behavioral health services!
What are some potential diagnoses?
Mental and behavioral health encompasses a wide scop of diagnoses and developmental challenges such as:
- ADHD (Attention-Deficit/Hyeractivity Disorder)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Mood disorders such as depression, anxiety, or bi-polar
- Behavioral disorders such as oppositional defiance
Does my child need to be enrolled at the Watson Institute to receive Child Behavioral Health Services?
No, your child does not need to be enrolled in any of the Watson Institute’s special education school programs to qualify for our outpatient child behavioral health services.
What Child Behavioral Health Services are offered at the Watson Institute?
There are a variety of services available for children facing a behavioral health diagnosis. The Watson Institute offers a number of comprehensive outpatient behavioral health treatments and programs for children up to the age of 21. At the Watson Institute, we offer:
- Diagnostic Assessments: neuropsychological/psychological testing and diagnostic evaluations
- Wraparound Evaluations and services
- Child Therapy Services: individual therapy, social skills group therapy, and medication management
Highly experienced and licensed psychologists, psychiatrists, and mental health therapists at the Watson Institute will work with you and your child to address mental and behavioral health concerns.
What do I do first? What is my next step?
If you have any concerns about your child’s mental or behavioral health and if you think your child could benefit from these services – call us today at 412-749-2889 or click to Schedule an Appointment!
Our outpatient behavioral health services department can address any and all questions about services, insurance coverage, and scheduling availability for you and your child!
Where are you located?
The Watson Institute provides our outpatient mental and behavioral health services at the following locations:
Sewickley: 301 Camp Meeting Road, Sewickley, PA 15143
Bridgeville: 230 Hickory Grade Road, Bridgeville, PA 15017
Friendship: 255 S. Negley Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Sharpsburg: 200 Linden Avenue, Sharpsburg, PA 15215