The Watson Institute hosts various interns and student teachers during the school year. All positions require current PA clearances: Acts 34, 114 and 151 that must have been issued within 1 year of the start date of the internship or student teaching experience.
The Education Center in Sewickley, PA
- Internships and job shadow opportunities are available for speech, physical, occupational and behavior therapists.
- Special education majors can complete their student teaching requirement at The Education Center.
Contact Katie Patterson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-741-1800.
Friendship Academy in Pittsburgh, PA
- Internships and job shadow opportunities are available for social workers, mental health therapists and undergraduate developmental psychology majors.
- Practicum experiences are available for school psychology graduate students.
- Fieldwork or student teaching opportunities are available for special education teachers, speech therapists and occupational therapists.
For education opportunities contact Lauri Kragness, email@example.com or 412-365-3800.
For therapist opportunities contact Mary Beth Boylan, firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-365-3800.