Learning and Information for Families and Educators
A comprehensive, research based resource for families and educators of individuals with disabilities.
Treatment and Education of Autism and related Communication handicapped CHildren
The Watson Institute provides individualized programming for children diagnosed with autism, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, neurological impairments, developmental delays, brain injuries, severe emotional and behavioral challenges, and other impairments. Watson also provides consultation, training and program development services for individuals, schools and other educational organizations to enhance the skills of those who work with children with disabilities.
By the end of the seminar, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the characteristics of autism.
2. Explain classroom assessment of children with autism.
3. Demonstrate structured teaching techniques.
4. Understand the importance of working cooperatively with families of children with autism.
5. Describe communication deficits, assess expressive communication and develop teaching techniques to address behaviors.
6. Use structured teaching techniques to promote students' independence as well as develop skills for leisure activities.
7. Describe behavior management strategies and various levels of social interaction.
Click here for presenter information.
Tuition for the five-day seminar is $1,900. Fees include seminar materials, continental breakfast, lunch and break refreshments. Please make your check payable to The Watson Institute and return it with your registration form. Space is limited; reservations will be accepted in the order in which they are received. Registration and payment or purchase order must be received by June 27, 2014. Cancellations made by July 3 will receive a full refund, by July 11 half refund. No refunds will be issued after July 11.