Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS)
Casual positions throughout Allegheny County working flexible hours directly with children who have autism and related disorders implementing treatment plan objectives. Daytime, evening and weekend work hours are available.
- Work directly with children who have autism and related disorders in implementing treatment plan objectives
- Provide direct one-to-one therapeutic interventions under the supervision of a psychologist.
- Work with families to assist them in acquiring skills, enabling the family to maximize their child's progress and independence.
- Communicate regularly with families regarding their child's progress and issues.
- Provide services in homes and community-based settings.
- Responsible for the supervision and safety of the child while working in community-based settings.
- Assist children in developing social skills.
- Facilitate development of peer interactions.
- Attend regular supervision meetings and individual supervisory sessions.
- Assist in implementing behavior management plans, enabling the child to participate in community-based settings.
- Implement crisis intervention techniques.
- Maintain therapeutic records and data necessary to monitor progress.
- Assist in preparing progress reports.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field with at least one year's experience working with children who have special needs or an Associates Degree or sixty credits toward a Bachelor's degree, with the equivalent of at least three years of full-time paid work experience in a job that involved direct contact with children or adolescents.
- Successful completion of necessary training.
- Ability to participate in physically demanding activities with the child throughout the course of the intervention (includes daily swimming in most summer programs).
- At least one year's experience working with children with special needs preferred.
- Current PA clearances: Acts 34, 114 and 151.