Behavioral Specialist Consultant
Part time and temporary/casual positions throughout Allegheny County providing Behavioral Specialist Consultant (BSC) services to children with autism and related disorders who are receiving wraparound services.
- Devise and implement behavior management plans, data collection grids/books to collect baseline and treatment data.
- Create and implement autism-specific techniques such as Comic Strip Conversations and Social Stories.
- Supervise staff providing direct interventions to chilsren and families; provide group and/or individual supervision to staff to meet BHRS requirements; provide training for staff.
- Monitor compliance of assigned TSS staff in meeting organizatinoal and statutory requirements and expectations. Provide regular feedback to assigned staff; instigate corrective action lan when warranted.
- Work with families to assist them in acquiring skills, enabling the family to maximize their child's progress and independence.
- Communicate regularly with families regarding their child's progress and issues.
- Provide services in homes and community-based settings.
- Provide child-centered, family focused consultation.
- Maintain therapeutic records and data necessary to monitor progress.
- Collaborate with other involved professionals and agencies in order to provide unified services and continuity of care to the child and family.
- Participate in treatment plan meetings.
- Write individualized therapeutic treatment plans, using behavioral terms and measurable objectives, complete data summary, treatment plan packets, prescriber collaboration forms.
- Prepare progress note and update as needed.
- Address BSC and TSS discrepancies in relation to monthly progress notes.
- Master's degree in relevant field.
- At least one year's experience working with children who have special needs.
- Experience working with children who have autism and their families preferred.
- Knowledge of a range of autism intervention techniques preferred.
- Current PA clearances: Acts 34, 114 and 151.
- Supervisory experience preferred.